Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Analogue photos with friends

Me trying to be magical :) Blackberry phone. April 2011.


Once upon a time in the month of March I've been feeling kind of low. So I decided to hang out with my friend Jonah one day and my cousin Laura on another day and just went around taking photos.

With Jonah I had my wonderful and very heavy Argus C3 Rangefinder camera. I call him Auggie :)
Ain't Auggie a handsome devil? Blackberry phone. Not exactly sure when I took this pic...

He's a heavy beast of a camera that was built in the 1940's. I was shopping at a Salvation Army one day with my friend and fellow photog Ali and that's where I found him. I heard him calling out my name, begging me to pick him up and take him home with me. Although he was kind of dusty, he was very trustworthy in taking photos. I did have to look up online to figure out how to take pictures with him because I seriously felt like I was tearing apart the rolls of film, but after a few tries I finally figured it out. And now look at the awesomeness that we both we able to capture...

Dried up vines. Auggie Rangefinder. 35mm film. March 2011

Metal Stucture at a park in Chicago. Auggie. 35mm film. March 2011
Jonah amongst the metal. Auggie. 35mm film. March 2011
After noon sunlight coming thru the windows of Julius Meinl. Auggie. 35mm film. March 2011
 
A week or so after hanging out with Jonah, I went out playing with my cameras with my cousin Laura in the northern suburbs of Chicago. I brought my little Samsung point and shoot and I had another film camera. I found this little love bug when I went to a second hand store. It's a cute little pocket size Canon 35mm "point and shoot." We went to a forest preserve and I let Laura use the digital while I used the film camera. This time I used black and white film.

Hi Laura!!! B&W 35mm film. March 2011
B&W 35mm film. March 2011.
B&W 35mm film. March 2011.
B&W 35mm film. March 2011
After our moment of walking along a muddy path and some tree hugging Laura and I decided to take a trip to the nearest mall. She needed to buy some sunglasses. 'Lo and behold, we find an awesome unicorn hat! She needed to buy it so whenever she was feeling down she could wear the magical thing and be happy :)


Oh yeah, she did get sunglasses too. The day wasn't a total wash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment